ADVANTAGES vs BICYCLE.
- No chains or derailleurs to retailer your pant legs or repair
- No uncomfortable seat to swing your leg over – particularly important for those folks recovering from an injury or hip or knee surgery
- Getting on and off the bike is much quicker and safer
- Riding at about 16 km/hr will burn 700 cal/hr as compared to 450 cal/hr on a regular bike (walking is about 350 cal/hr)
- The Kickbike is easy to fit into anyone’s lifestyle and can be ridden year round outdoors
DISADVANTAGES vs BICYCLE
- Kickbikes are about 1/2 to 2/3 as fast as a regular bike
- When riding uphill you will need to change your cadence as there are no gears to assist you
- Kickbikes are more physically demanding, as they encourage the use of about 90% of your muscles
ADVANTAGES vs RUNNING
The Kickbike’s main advantage over running is in injury reduction. The forces generated at footstrike when running are equal to about 3 times a persons body weight. The support leg is being asked to not only propel the body forward but must also help keep the body upright or erect. That ‘s a lot of strain on a single leg hundreds of times during a run or jog. On a Kickbike those forces are off loaded to the other parts of the body – the support leg on the footplate, the arms and shoulders. So the active leg on a Kickbike is not experiencing the same stresses on the joints or ligaments because it is not also supporting the body while kicking – other parts of the body are helping to support your weight while the active leg is kicking.